Saturday, August 30, 2008

Good Luck to our Beloved Buckeyes


Ohio State Buckeyes head coach Jim Tressel said he and his players recite a motivational poem before each game. Here it is:

By Edward Hale
"I am only one. But I am one. I can't do everything but I can do something and that I can do, I ought to do. And what I ought to do, by the grace of God I shall do."


Check out the Video at the bottom of the page. In case you don't know the Battle Cry words, here they are. Memorize them and sing along with us this football season.

Buckeye Battle Cry
In old Ohio there's a team
That's known thru-out the land;
Eleven warriors, brave and bold,
Whose fame will ever stand.
And when the ball goes over,
Our cheers will reach the sky,
Ohio field will hear again
The Buckeye Battle Cry-Drive!
Drive on down the field,
Men of the scarlet and gray;
Don't let them thru that line,
We have to win this game today,
Come on, Ohio!
Smash through to victory.
We cheer you as you go:
Our honor defend
So we'll fight to the end for O-hi-o.
GO BUCKS!! O-H-I-O

1 comment:

Leah said...

Karen, I love the picture for the title of your blog. It just sends of shot of serenity to the screen. Very nice blog.