Friday, March 7, 2008

The Best Gift Ever


Every morning, I tell my boys good-bye, wish them a good day, tell them to be careful on the roads, and then tell them I love them. It becomes routine, I will admit. But on my way to work each day, I say a prayer for them and ask God to watch over them and teach them the things they need to know.

A huge winter storm hit today. We had anywhere from 4-7" between noon and 3:45 PM when it was time for me to go home. I got to my car and there was a message on my cell phone. It was from my youngest son, Ethan. He rarely says anything.....a quiet sort of guy. But the message went as follows......."Mom, I made it home from school......um.......it's about quarter after three. I just wanted to let you know I made it home. Uh mom......be careful the roads are bad. I'll be praying for you on your way home........this is Ethan. Whew!! I had to sit for a few minutes in the parking lot before I could drive the car. The eyes were a little watery. What a gift!! The best one ever!! My 17-year-old son calling to say he's praying for me........Thanks God!!

1 comment:

lam_142 said...

Aw, that made my eyes teary. Little E man....I'm such a weenie